Five-Star Stew (from Trudy P., California, USA)
1 lb. stewing beef
2 (6 in.) carrots
2 stalks of celery
1 (baseball size) onion
1 (baseball size) turnip
1 (8 in. slender) zucchini (unpeeled)
3 cloves of garlic (diced or minced)
1 Tbsp (or more) New Mexico Chili Powder
½ tsp ground cumin
½ tsp crushed oregano
1 small can tomato sauce
1. Cut stewing beef into bite size or larger chunks.
2. Peel carrots. Cut carrots, celery, onion, turnip, potatoes and zucchini into bite size pieces.
3. In large stewpot, place all veggies and garlic. Add enough water to sink them approximately 2 ins. deep. Boil.
4. Brown beef in a well-greased frying pan. Add meat to pot and set to simmer, covered, until carrots are soft and easy to chew.
5. Add New Mexico Chili Powder, cumin, oregano and tomato sauce. Cover and simmer while preparing salad, bread, salsa etc.
Yields 3-4 servings. For more servings add more veggies and some beef broth.
Great served with crackers, French bread or cornbread and salsa.Back to Entrees
Web Hosting powered by Network Solutions®